I want to see thriving, productive, healthy workplaces in Australia. Health in the workplace is invaluable to both employers and employees, and I can help your workplace flourish in this area.
Facilitating good health outcomes amongst employees can:
- Reduce health-related absenteeism
- Improve productivity
- Help build morale
- Reduce employee stress levels
- Reduce staff turnover
The statistics in this area are staggering:
- Workplace stress costs the economy $14.81 billion/year.
- 3.2 days per worker are lost each year through workplace stress.
- Healthy employees are three times more productive than unhealthy employees.
- Mental stress claims are the most expensive form of worker’s compensation claim.
- Unhealthy employees take nine times more sick leave than healthy employees.
- On average, six working days of productivity are lost per year per employee due to presenteeism (presenteeism is when employees come to work but are less productive due to illness or other conditions).
I can be part of the solution in your workplace:
- Staff workshops and short talks:
- Burnout: detect and deflect
- Resilience: thrive through hardship
- Compassion fatigue: the art of sustainable giving
- Individual, confidential, onsite medical services:
- If your workplace can provide a private space to conduct consultations, your employees can book appointments to address their wellbeing without even leaving the building.
- I can work with employees to establish health goals and assist in achieving them. I can assist with preventative measures and disease management including:
- Addressing burnout, sustainable work habits, increased concentration and productivity, and work-life balance.
- Increasing physical activity in a practical, enjoyable, and sustainable manner.
- Making dietary alterations to optimise nutrition, taking into account health conditions, food preferences, and strategies to make the changes sustainable.
- Smoking cessation – education, planning, and support.
- Managing stress, with a holistic approach addressing the underlying causes, and suitable strategies from both a physical and mental health perspective.
- Mild-moderate depression and anxiety – working alongside other healthcare providers to support clients in implementing appropriate lifestyle modifications that are appropriate to your circumstances.
- Assistance with fatigue and poor or inadequate sleep.
- Improving mental wellbeing, which may include developing a sense of meaning and purpose, building resilience, implementing self-care routines, preventing burnout, or addressing social isolation.
- I do not prescribe medication, order pathology testing, nor take over the role of their usual GP.
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how I can help your workplace!